Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Race Results: Sun Prairie Cup Cyclocross

I raced cyclocross in both the cat 4 and single speed classes this past Sunday at the Sun Prairie Cup, part of the WCA cyclocross series.

Cat 4

I started near the back of cat 4. I may have been called up since I got points for 4th at Badger Prairie but I missed the call ups. Sun Prairie has a good course that I remembered from last year. After only a portion of the first lap I had already made progress through the field:


The top of the short run up on the first lap:


Another shot at the run up. I should probably be carrying the bike but it's really small hill. In the single speed race I figured out that I could ride it if no one is in the way. Note the duct taped shoe - that was a last second fix for a buckle that broke on my Bontrager RXLs. They're not a bad shoe but I would be disappointed if I hadn't bought them on sale for less than half price. Hopefully I can get another buckle from Trek.


I worked my way through the field, eventually finishing 3/53 without a lot of drama.

Single Speed

I was tired throughout the single speed race but I'm enjoying getting two races in even if I can't really give 100% for the second one. I took it easy and finished 4/15 on a somewhat flat rear tire after burping some air from it during a hurried remount. I'll have to be more careful getting back on the bike in the future. This is one drawback to the tubeless setup, though this is the first time this has happened.

Here's a pic of the podium. Though I'm not actually sponsored by Planet Bike it's great to represent them since they made the race possible. Thanks to Michelle for the photos!



How did you do at the Sun Prairie Cup? Post a note in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment