Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WEMS Pitch Black Singletrack 2011

Last Saturday I found myself on the top of the picnic table podium of the WEMS Pitch Black Singletrack three-hour race. Since it was a night race I used two 150 lumen lights, one on the bars and one on my helmet. Unfortunately the helmet light came unplugged on the last lap, making it much harder to see around corners. Next time I'd tape the connections together. After the race I spent some time promoting bacon and beer to the racers going past Checkpoint Victor Bravo Charlie.

Thanks to Josh G for loaning me a light, Coleman for putting on the race, Josh H for making Checkpoint VBC happen, and Heather's bar for hosting the event.

Picture from Dyreson Photography at http://dyresonphotography.smugmug.com/Events/PBST-2011/19226627_FQf2tz#1499792001_9WpCWhm


No comments:

Post a Comment